title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DB Music Converter Issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

DB Music Converter Issues

Ladies and Gentlemen

Before posting this I attempted to search the forum for relevant issues, but unfortunately did not come up with any answers.

The issues I experience with the Music Converter are:

1. Every codec install results in error message: "Error whilst running MusicConverter.exe"

2. After every codec install the option to convert from or to newly added format is unavailable. Only option is to convert MP3 to WAV, Test convert and reencode MP3.

I just have installed Musepack about 5 times, and the option to convert MPC is still unavailable. Keeps on asking me to DL the codec. (just as example).

Kind Regards
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: DB Music Converter Issues

Is it possible that you have installed dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) to some location other than the default location? When you install the codecs, are you logged in with administrative priviledges on your operating system? If this is the case, it is more than likely that default installation of your codecs will result in their ending up to be somewhere where the program cannot access them. These are by far the likeliest scenarios which would explain the problems you are describing.

What I would recommend is that you uninstall Musepack and any other dMC codecs you have tried to install unsuccessfully using Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel.

If dMC was installed to the default location, try reinstalling your MPC codec while logged into your system with administrative priviledges. If this does not work, uninstall and reinstall dMC and codecs to their default location.

If dMC is NOT installed in the default location your choices are either:
    to uninstall dMC (and your codecs) and reinstall them to their default locations; or,
    uninstall your MPC and other codecs you've been trying to install and install them in the right location (browse around until you find the correct folder within dMC);
    or cut/copy and paste the codec files from wherever they are on your hard drive to the correct location.

Let us know how you make out. Should these measures not work, please let us know about what Windows version you are using, what version of dMC you are using and which of these options you have tried and what the results were.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

First of all, thanks very much for the answer.

Right now I did a reinstall, and it seems to have eliminated the issue.

I am using administrator account.
      The installation path of the DMC has been indeed changed from default "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP" to "D:\Programs Audio\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP"

It is possible that the path has been entered incorrectly - just as indicated.
      I will have a look at the dir structure on the disk.

Thanks very much for response.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Glad it worked out for you.

Best wishes,
        Bill mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>