title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.ra files to portable mp3 via dMC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rapidlax42
    • Nov 2004

.ra files to portable mp3 via dMC?

Ok, I'm kinda new as you can guess. I've been trying to do a few things with dMC, and I'm running into trouble. First off I've been trying to figure out how to build a playlist, and I haven't even gotten close to that. My main issue right now is trying to export all of my .ra files to my Bantam BA1000. When the converter window comes up however, (the restriction at the bottom says music files and playlists, .mp3, .wav all that) it doesn't acknowledge any of realplayer files (all are .ra). I'll get to the proper folder, down to the artist name, but it shows that it is empty. I have no clue how to convert these if the converter can't even find them. I've got about 200 songs in my realplayer library, and I really don't want to have to re-rip them all. Any help is appreciated, even links to other posts that I know have to be on here dealing with my problem. I saw the .ram thing under FAQ's, but that doesn't do anything for me since it says that dmc converts .ra files, but my dmc doesn't (I just got it like a month ago). Thanks.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: .ra files to portable mp3 via dMC?

You will need to download and install the RealAudio decoder (and perhaps the encoder as well) from Codec Central for dMC to be able to work with files in RealAudio format.

If you have already done this and it still doesn't work, please let us know.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

oh. duh. codec's I guess. I'll try that. thanks!

Comment

• Unregistered

man. I did it and it works but...yeah. No album name, gotta rename the file so artist name ISN'T track number...then I turn around and play it and the quality is not near as good, with all the re-coding I guess. Not to mention that the realtime converting required totally killed my player beyond dead last night and had to be charged for like 8 hrs. Thanks for the help, atleast I can transfer the files I don't have anywhere else....well to my other question, could yall tell me how to make a playlist with sveta? is that even possible? I've got dmc, then I've got an actual "bantam ba1000" icon that must've come with it cuz the cd I got for my player was corrupted and couldn't be downloaded. Just some general playlist construction would be appreciated. right now all I've got is the (all tracks) and some other random letter/number ones that are empty. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...

]]>