title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

amp.exe crashing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jliddil
    • Jun 2004

amp.exe crashing

I can't use any of the dba products they all crash. Here is the windows error log:
    <>
    Last edited by Spoon; November 05, 2004, 08:31 PM.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: amp.exe crashing

That's quite a mouthful!
    Are you accessing these programs through a command line interface (as opposed to the gui/graphic user interface)?
    If this is happening with all of your dBpowerAMP programs whenever you try to open them or to perform ordinary simple operations, I think the most prudent option would be to uninstall all of your dBpowerAMP programs and components (including skins and codecs), deleting their folders from the hard drive, clearing any remaining entries from the registry, restarting the computer, and then reinstalling your programs, codecs and skins.
    You may also want to ask yourself about what has been going on that mmight have contributed to corruption of the system.

If, on the other hand, some dB programs open without crashing and even perform simple operations without crashing, then it may make sense to try to get more systematic about what operations in particular are causing these crashes. In that case, you might want to provide more contextual information as to the particular things that are going on when crashes occur and when they do not.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• jliddil
      • Jun 2004

I am using the GUI. This is a win xp SP1 system. A month old. I noticed that in My Music Collection that I would play a song title and it was a different song. So then I fixed the tag info. This has happened on and off. Yesterday I installed the FLAC and ape codecs. I then converted a cd to FLAC. I then went into my music collection and played a song and got the crash. The stuff I proved is the xp error log file. I uninstalled the flac and ape codecs but still have crashing. I do the full assortment of dba programs including having purchased the powerpack ( I figured it was one way to support a great program).

So I agree at this point it is time to unistall, reboot, clear the registry, reboot, reinstall.

I suspect this started when I was using the powerpack to script a rip to ogg and then mp3 in one go. That is when I began to see weird behavior.

Jim

Originally posted by xoas
      That's quite a mouthful!
      Are you accessing these programs through a command line interface (as opposed to the gui/graphic user interface)?
      If this is happening with all of your dBpowerAMP programs whenever you try to open them or to perform ordinary simple operations, I think the most prudent option would be to uninstall all of your dBpowerAMP programs and components (including skins and codecs), deleting their folders from the hard drive, clearing any remaining entries from the registry, restarting the computer, and then reinstalling your programs, codecs and skins.
      You may also want to ask yourself about what has been going on that mmight have contributed to corruption of the system.

If, on the other hand, some dB programs open without crashing and even perform simple operations without crashing, then it may make sense to try to get more systematic about what operations in particular are causing these crashes. In that case, you might want to provide more contextual information as to the particular things that are going on when crashes occur and when they do not.

Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

I suspect this started when I was using the powerpack to script a rip to ogg and then mp3 in one go. That is when I began to see weird behavior.
        That was my suspicion also.
        But if the only program crashing is dAP you might be able to do the "Restore dAP to Factory Settings" routine that Spoon has in the FAQ section for dAP.
        If that does not work, or if other programs are crashing as well then the full treatment is definitely indicated.

Best wishes and good luck,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>