title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxiliary Input Recording Level VERRRY Low HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HELP!!!

Auxiliary Input Recording Level VERRRY Low HELP!!!

I am trying to record a midi file to an mp3 file using auxiliary input, but my recording level in "test recording level" is as low as possible, and in the recorded file I don't hear anything!

I have a picture:

Anyone please help! Thanx!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Auxiliary Input Recording Level VERRRY Low HELP!!!

It looks like you are trying to record from the Line-In input.
    If you are playing the midi file on your computer you want to set your input as "Stereo Mix". To access this it loks like you may need to Open the Options (or "Opties") menu from your Recording Control (or "Opnameregeling") window and clicking on Properties. From there you can open Stereo Mix and shut off other input sources.

For further help on recording midi to wav you may want to consult this thread here:
    this was a post made by "Burn Baby Burn". HOW TO CONVERT A MIDI FILE TO A .WAV FILE Configure dMC to convert MIDI to WAVE: 1. Open dMC Auxiliary Input. 2. Click "Options". This opens the "dMC - Options" window. 3. Under "Input Source", click the "Select" button.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Sorry, I can't read the language shown in the image you posted.

Make sure you've defined Recording options in Volume control, or use the Input Source button in dMC Auxiliary Input > Options. You have to select the input source to be Stereo Mix, not CD or anything else. Keep the volume slider for that selection around 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up (see image).

When you're listening to the recorded file, you can check again the Volume Control by right clicking on the volume icon in the taskbar, and make sure nothing is muted (excpet for microphone) and the volume slider bar is reasonably high for Master Volume (and Wave for that matter). This is for Playback options, which is what's shown by default when you check Volume Control.
      Last edited by ChristinaS; October 16, 2004, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• HELP!!!

Thank you all very much, it works now!

Comment

• theyettidog

• Mar 2005

Recording in General - Anyone - Please Help me!

Hi

I hope someone sees this and is able to help. I want to do a mix on my decks and record onto my PC so I can burn to cd. I am a PC novice and don't understand the technical stuff.

I have been advised to download dbpoweramp to try it out which I have done but are having a few problems........I have fitted a "phono to jack lead" from my mixer to the line in on my Audigy 2 Souncard, tried a test record level which looked ok, then recorded for about a minute to see what is sounded like - but I can't find anywhere to play back what I recorded - where am I going wrong????

I would appreciate anyones help with this and possibly an idiots guide to using dbpoweramp - I not overally interested in all the workings of this software, just the basic need for me to record a mix and put it onto cd with excellent quality.

I run Windows XP if this makes any difference............

Thanks for your time reading this - please reply to me at: theyettidog@blueyonder.co.uk

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Recording in General - Anyone - Please Help me!

Originally posted by theyettidog
            Hi

I hope someone sees this and is able to help. I want to do a mix on my decks and record onto my PC so I can burn to cd. I am a PC novice and don't understand the technical stuff.

I have been advised to download dbpoweramp to try it out which I have done but are having a few problems........I have fitted a "phono to jack lead" from my mixer to the line in on my Audigy 2 Souncard, tried a test record level which looked ok, then recorded for about a minute to see what is sounded like - but I can't find anywhere to play back what I recorded - where am I going wrong????

I would appreciate anyones help with this and possibly an idiots guide to using dbpoweramp - I not overally interested in all the workings of this software, just the basic need for me to record a mix and put it onto cd with excellent quality.

I run Windows XP if this makes any difference............

Thanks for your time reading this - please reply to me at: theyettidog@blueyonder.co.uk
            Do you think you actually recorded? Did you go through steps of selecting a destination and a file format for recording?

Start dMC Auxiliary Input, click on the big Options button and look at the Output to field. That will give the path to wherever you are sending the recorded output. It also allows to specify how you want to name the file - using fields on the main screen for Artist, Track, etc. The default when nothing is filled out for those fields ends up being Track01 and the extension corresponding to the file type (e..g. .wav or .mp3). Click on the littlle down arrow next to the Record button, and you have the option Record to. Click that and see what format it is set to record to. If your previous recording worked, now you have to output folder, the file name and extension of whatever you recorded.

For more on how to use dMC Auxiliary Input, please refer to dMC FAQ: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318 .

Comment

Working...

]]>