title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Troubles with Codecs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimmy Jam
    • Oct 2004

Troubles with Codecs

I downloaded and installed the codec for .ram and .mpeg but when i try and convert these type of files to mp3 i get this message. "The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\TEMP\babylon_sisters.ra' could not be opened." It works fine for .m4a files

help please
    james
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Troubles with Codecs

Originally posted by Jimmy Jam
    I downloaded and installed the codec for .ram and .mpeg but when i try and convert these type of files to mp3 i get this message. "The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\TEMP\babylon_sisters.ra' could not be opened." It works fine for .m4a files

help please
    james
    You also need to have either Real Player or Real One (or even Real Alternative) installed.

Please also note that it's not .ram that can be converted but rather .ra and .rm. The exttension .ram designates a meta-file (also considered a playlist for real media) which may point to the actual .ra or .rm file(s).

Finally rememebr that all real media conversions are done in real time - it will take as long to convert as it takes to play the file and you won't see an indicator of activity at all until it's done, so don't panic.

Comment

Working...

]]>