title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I convert to a CDA file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryanw78
    • Oct 2004

How do I convert to a CDA file?

I am wondering how to convert files to CDA format. The CDA CODEC is supposedly built into dMC, but I can't seem to find it. Before I make a CD, I want to convert all my files to .cda files, but I can't seem to be able to do that. I've been searching the internet for an alternative CDA CODEC, but I can't find one. I am hoping this is a simple problem, and somebody will be able to help me.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: How do I convert to a CDA file?

Originally posted by ryanw78
    I am wondering how to convert files to CDA format. The CDA CODEC is supposedly built into dMC, but I can't seem to find it. Before I make a CD, I want to convert all my files to .cda files, but I can't seem to be able to do that. I've been searching the internet for an alternative CDA CODEC, but I can't find one. I am hoping this is a simple problem, and somebody will be able to help me.
    No, you don't convert to .cda. CDA means CD Audio. This is how the tracks are burnt to an audio cd. You don't convert to cda yourself. It's done through the audio cd burning process.

What you may want is to convert to wav, as this is what the burner program takes ultimately to create the cd tracks (what is referred to as cda).

Comment

• ryanw78
      • Oct 2004

This is true, but in some cases it is possible to get the CDA files from CDs onto your computer (don't ask me how). I am wondering what type of music files I need to play on CD players. I will probably be burning it with Ahead Nero v5. So what type of file should I use?

Comment

• ryanw78
        • Oct 2004

Thanks

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryanw78
          This is true, but in some cases it is possible to get the CDA files from CDs onto your computer (don't ask me how). I am wondering what type of music files I need to play on CD players. I will probably be burning it with Ahead Nero v5. So what type of file should I use?
          Any file you see that has the extension .cda will be just a small file, as it really is just the index entry on the audio cd you may have copied over.

The underlying format of what is referred to as .cda is really .wav, 16-bit, 44.1KHz, 2-channel stereo which is the audio cd standard format.

For best burning with least problems you should use wav files. So convert all your files first to wav (audio cd standard). Then use Nero and make your cd compilation and burn it.

Nero may be able to accept mp3 files as well, but it depends on their specifications. You'll need a special plugin for Nero to use wma files. Other compressed audio formats are mostly not supported by Nero.

dMC CD Writer can take just about all types of audio files and create an audio cd.

Comment

• ryanw78
            • Oct 2004

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>