title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot see MP3 tags after converting from WAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arcadian
    • Oct 2004

Cannot see MP3 tags after converting from WAV

I ripped audio CDs into WAV, all works fine (the WAV plays fine, and the info from freedb is correct and there to see in the name of the WAV file). When I converted the WAV file to MP3, there did not seem to be an tag information (MP3 plays fine). Do I need to do anything different? I played around with changing the tag ID button when ripping from audio CD to WAV, but I still ultimately could not see and MP3 tags. Sadly, I had ripped and converted 30 audio CDs before I noticed this problem :cry:
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot see MP3 tags after converting from WAV

as far as i know i don't think .wav files retain any IDtag information. any reason why you chose to rip to .wav? ripping to a lossles format like .flac or .wma or .ape will retain IDtags and will be lossless just like the .wav file accept a lot smaller in size.
    Last edited by Spoons; October 04, 2004, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• arcadian
      • Oct 2004

thanks for the quick reply, i did it because i'm ignorant!. is there any clever way you can think of that i can use to convert WAV to APE and then get all my tags back?! i guess i may simply have to re-rip my audio CDs :cry:

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

If you install the Tag From filename codec http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...m-filename.exe you can build the tag information from the converted files. Use it after you have converted your wav files to a format that supports id tags (e.g. mp3, ape, ogg etc.).

Wayne

Comment

• arcadian
          • Oct 2004

thanks very much.

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

well i suppose i could come clean too as a long long time ago i did the same thing. accept it was with 8000 (yes 8 thousand!) .wav sound files i taged. i lost the lot and don't think tag from file name was around then. :o :D :cry:

Comment

Working...

]]>