title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.ape format

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJCameron
    • Feb 2004

.ape format

All -

Some time back I read something by the creator of the dbPowerAmp stuff that his personal choice for storing music in file format was monkey's audio and ape format. Not the smallest files, but the best sound, was his assessment.

So I took his cue and since then have converted MANY a cd and stored it on my hard drive in *.ape. So now, I even have a directory structure that looks like, for instance c:\Classical\Mozart\Sonatas\Uchida\CD1\ and then under there all the individual files. Everything is great when I am actually at my computer listening.

But now, I want to put all my stuff on an ipod or something portable. I dont think they can use *.ape format. Is there some way to batch convert or script a conversion routine to go thorugh my Classical directory (or folder, they call it now) and while retaining the same dir structure and file names, create new files in mp3 format ? Or would I have to go in by hand and do all the conversion ?

Thanks for any info !
    Last edited by DJCameron; October 03, 2004, 04:43 PM.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: .ape format

take a look at "file selector" http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm#FileSelector
    it does batch conversions and should do what you want.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Or if you want to 'splash out' Sveta - it will convert your Ape files to AAC or Mp4 as you send them to the iPod.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DJCameron
        • Feb 2004

The Sveta product looks cool......and I guess I can convert moving to an ipod or whatever, like you say. But what if I wanted to just make a parallel directory structure and files in mp3 format on the hard drive ? Would that be possible ?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

File selector should do - use the option 'preserve path' and 'to folder'
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>