title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

a big ripping-problem!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jedal

Re: a big ripping-problem!!!!!!!

Well, well, well....
    and I thought my friend didn't know how to use my computer.

I went to listen to some songs that I had a friend put on my computer. I didn't see the rip process, so I can't say if there are were any errors along the way. Sorry. I hope to get a hold of the cd and try to recreate the problem. I however have the same problem as Matthias. The files, in the info in explorer, say that they are 1kb. However, when I put my cursor over them, the other explorer info says it's 44kb. Either way it's a corrupt file. This led to a GetPopupInfo.exe error, which is how I found this forum on google. I disabled popupinfo and got rid of that problem, but I still couldn't listen to the songs ....I'm sorry I'm rambling, but I'm trying to give as much info as possible.... Anyway, I just got this computer and copied all my old mp3s onto it. I installed a fresh version of dbpowerAMP and these were the first two songs I ripped with my new computer. On my old computer, dbpowerAMP worked so well that I took it for granted. So much so that I never even noticed that it had a start menu program. :-P Now, I'm looking at the "advanced ripping configuration program" and wondering if I need to change anything that I know nothing about. I'm looking specifically at the CD communication. Does that need to be 2000/NT Device IO or 2000/NT Built In???? I see built in and think about a laptop is why I ask. Am I way off base for what this screne is suposed to do?

Anyway the tests:
    I heard my friend play the cd in media player, and I have successfully converted an mp3 to a wave with poweramp. I use winamp successfully all the time. I successfully use a seperate program to get streaming media off the internet, and into wave format. It's called AvRack. I don't know if anybody knows how it works, so I don't know if it's success rate can rule out any possible problems.
    I havn't messed with anything or tried any other tests you guys mentioned yet.

Now the info I think might be key. It works on my father's laptop, his desktop, my old laptop but not this one. I have almost the same laptop as my father. I should ask him what his cd drive is. Anyway, I'm using:
    a Toshiba satelite laptop with the Toshiba DVDrom SD-r2512 drive. It has service pack 1 installed on it. lets see.. I think that's all the info people were asking for, but let me know.

Comment

• meagain (Jedal)

Sorry forgot to mention. Those two songs weren't the only ones. I since ripped a whole commercial cd and it went perfectly. Between ripping the cds nothing changed on my computer. It was done on consecutive nights, and I hadn't done anything with my computer all day. My friend's cd however, was a compilation of burned mp3s that were converted to cdaudio by some program, but I don't know what encoding program they used. Is it possible that that has anything to do with it. That's the only difference between the two cds that I can think of, besides the fact that I burned one and my friend burned the other.... maybe it was just her afterall. hehe.

It's wierd that one worked and another didn't.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Any file that is less than say 400 KB is not likely to contain any audio.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Very true, these 1kb files definately don't contain audio. I believe that all they contain is the name of the song and windows info. These songs were suposed to be 3-5 minutes long. They were ripped using the same process I did on my old computer. I guess I'm trying to say that poweramp created the file, and then didn't actually do the rip. Sadness.

Comment

Working...

]]>