title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMAPro 5.1 to AC3 : Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billy69
    • Sep 2004

WMAPro 5.1 to AC3 : Help

Hello,

I have a 5.1 channel WMAPro file, and my objective is to convert it to an AC3 encoded WAV file or similar for writing to DVD.

Using dbpowerAMP Covertor I have managed to convert the WMA file to a PCM WAV Extensible file.

Is it possible to do a direct WMAPro -> AC3 conversion with dbpowerAMP, or can anybody give me any pointers as to how I might convert the WAV Extensible file?

Thanks
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMAPro 5.1 to AC3 : Help

I'm no expert on this but your wav codec help file contains the following information:
    A compressed wave file using one for the many ACM codecs installed can be selected and the type of compression selected with Change Format. The most common need for compressed wave files is to create a mp3-wave file, if the Mpeg Layer 3 option is missing from your system it can be added (see www.dbpoweramp.com >> Forum >> dMC FAQ).
    So you can create a non-PCM wav file if you click on the Compressed dot when doing the settings for your wav files. You will then have a variety of wav choices all of which I understand not at all but perhaps you will find your answer there.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>