title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PowerPack advantages

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevie
    • Sep 2004

PowerPack advantages

Hi

Can't see any advantage in using Powerpack. Converting CD to ogg @ 128kbps. The time was only 2% faster despite ripping to RAM (with no other applications hogging RAM space).

What am I missing ?

Stevie
    Last edited by Stevie; September 21, 2004, 11:03 AM.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Unsure whether Powerpack holds any advantage

Originally posted by Stevie
    Hi

Can't see any advantage in using Powerpack. Converting CD to ogg @ 128kbps. The time was only 2% faster despite ripping to RAM (with no other applications hogging RAM space).

What am I missing ?

Stevie
    Sometimes if you set the priority to below normal it actually works faster.

But Power Pack has many other features as well, concering the file tags, DSP effects, etc.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: PowerPack advantages

i started making a post about a year ago for powerpack features here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2701

it could be out of date and many more features to add.

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Soon, when the latest beta version of dMC is released, you will need the powerpack if you want to encode to MP3. :(

Wayne

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

yes i forgot about that. actually that is the case now with the latest DMC as far as i know. so yeh that's a big plus for those who still use mp3's. i think once the site is on the new server we can start to pester Spoon and sort out all the niggley bits. and i will try and put togeter another list of powerpack features that hopefully covers everything. actually i can just start a thread and we can all build it up as i can't remember everything. hell i can't remember what day of the week it is half the time

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Thing is converting to ogg (which is one of the slowest compressions), the power pack cannot magically improve it - but if you were ripping to a fast compression format (such as any lossless) then the power pack would show a speed increase.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>