title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

volume normalizing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

volume normalizing

I have alot of MP3s at a bitrate of 128kbps but I only want to run a volume normalization on them. Would it change the file in any way if I converted the file to 128kpbs when it's already at 128kbps so that the voulme could be normalized?
  • Craze
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: volume normalizing

You shouldn't have to go to a whole lot of extra trouble of reconverting these files. Just load them into "My Music Collection" using the Add Music (arrow down), selecting New Track Preference and checking the "Auto Volumization" option. Then add your tracks.

Each file will have to play in its entirety so dAP can do its work of setting the level.

If you need to fine tune some files you may want to try adjusting the file volume levels through dAP's EQ Boost and saving the EQ setting. dAP will remember your settings on subsequent plays of the file.

More on the subject here: http://www.sensory-fusion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99

Hope this is helpful.
    -Craze

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Re: volume normalizing

Would it change the file in any way if I converted the file to 128kpbs when it's already at 128kbps so that the voulme could be normalized?
      I believe you would. What the program would do is convert your 128 kbs mp3 file to wav, add the volume normalization and reconvert that wav file to mp3 at 128 kbs. Just as a cd ripped to mp3 at 128 kbs is an imperfect copy of the original cd, your copy of your mp3 will not be a perfect copy of the original mp3. Now this difference may not be noticeable to you and in that case you could go ahead and try it. But overall, Craze's suggestion really is a better route.
      Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>