title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripping probelm

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

ripping probelm

I tried ripping a CD to MP3 format yesterday. When I attempted to rip, I got a messege that said "Expansion Pack has expired" and then when the ripping process begins it stops and a box appears that says "Couldn't open CODEC" or something like that. Help please...
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: ripping probelm

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I tried ripping a CD to MP3 format yesterday. When I attempted to rip, I got a messege that said "Expansion Pack has expired" and then when the ripping process begins it stops and a box appears that says "Couldn't open CODEC" or something like that. Help please...
    Could it have said Power Pack? Do you have it? is it registered or just the trial version?

What were you using: dMC alone or dMC Audio CD Input? What versions?

Are you ripping an audio cd or a data cd?

What settings are you using for mp3?

And while we are at it, did you install all components of dBpowerAMP to the same folder?

Comment

• Unregistered

I think I was using the newest dMC which would be version 10 or something. It was the trial version. I was ripping an audio CD to MP3 LAME at 128kbps.
      I install all programs in seperate folders.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I think I was using the newest dMC which would be version 10 or something. It was the trial version. I was ripping an audio CD to MP3 LAME at 128kbps.
        I install all programs in seperate folders.
        All the programs have to be installed in the same folder. Just stay with the one proposed by the installers, i.e. c:\program files\illustrate and you can't go wrong.

Uninstall all of them (from Start>Control Panel (or Settings, depending on OS) > Add/Remove Programs) and reinstall them all again in the same folder.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Release 11 has the mp3 encoder on a license, either that or kill off dBpowerAMP (patent problems).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
            Release 11 has the mp3 encoder on a license, either that or kill off dBpowerAMP (patent problems).
            Oh, is it r11 already? The link at the top still indicates r10.1 - while the download site says r10 :smile2:

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

No still in beta.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>