title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA to MP3 codec error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

WMA to MP3 codec error

When I try to convert a WMA file, a pop-up box appears saying that a codec must be downloaded and that I should connect to the Internet before clicking Yes. I do but then my browser pops up with various WMA v9 codec downloads. Why would I need these if I installed Windows Media Player v10 which includes all v9 codecs already?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA to MP3 codec error

Well the link takes you to Codec Central (links at top of page). Codec Central is where you will find the many codecs available for dBpowerAMP programs.
    You need a codec for WMA to enable your dB programs to read wma files and/or to write wma files. If you have wma v10, I would think that all you need to download is:
    WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b (260KB).

Should this not work, please let us know. In that case, you will probably need to uninstall the wma codec (for dBpowerAMP, can be done through Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel). Then download and install the wma v9 system codecs, reinstall your wma v9 codec.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted on how you make out.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: WMA to MP3 codec error

You will still need the wma v9 codecs.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...