title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Collection display error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrVideo
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2004

Re: Music Collection display error

Originally posted by xoas
    A couple of other suggestions for you to check out whenever the mood strikes you:

1.If you open MMC through the Audio Player (dAP) and it shows messed up, does it clear up when you click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen? (suggested by Craze, a talented skin designer who happens to be a Windows 998 user himself).
    No difference.

2. Open MMC through dAP. On the top menu bar is a button that says Collection. Click on it and click on the menu item that says Preferences. Click on the button that reads Default Columns. If necessary, close and re-open MMC. Does that correct it?
    No change. After clicking on the Default Columns button, the screen refreshed, but it refreshed with the same scrambled mess. Closing and restarting didn't make a difference either.

Comment

• Craze
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

Hi MrVideo,

I'm a 98SE user who has noted some oddities with certain parts of dAP not displaying properly or at all. http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5275

The problem you are having is one that (thankfully) I've not experienced.

The only distinctions that I can make from what you've reported so far is that I don't have the Power Pack. But I did install the '98 Updates when I first downloaded the dMC software. So I'm wondering if one of these may be the problem?

Have you tried uninstalling the Power Pack yet? I'd give it a try first. If that doesn't change anything, perhaps you need the Updates? (98 and 98SE have lots in common)

There's a lot of good folks here hoping to get this figured out.

Hope this helps.
      Craze
      Last edited by Craze; September 15, 2004, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• MrVideo
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Craze
        The only distinctions that I can make from what you've reported so far is that I don't have the Power Pack. But I did install the '98 Updates when I first downloaded the dMC software. So I'm wondering if one of these may be the problem?
        I can try that later today.

Have you tried uninstalling the Power Pack yet? I'd give it a try first. If that doesn't change anything, perhaps you need the Updates? (98 and 98SE have lots in common)
        The Windblows page made it sound like a 98 update, not a 98SE update, so I didn't do it, since 98SE had a lot of updates to 98 to make it 98SE I'll download them first and install them to see what happens.

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

how much memory do you have? i have seen this sort of screen when memory is going bad also.

and i see you haven't tried uninstalling all of dbpoweramp and deleting the registry parts? so as to have a fresh install?

delete the folder C:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp

*** if you have dbpoweramp music player backup your music collection database.

The run regedit and delete the key (folder):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate
          Last edited by Spoons; September 16, 2004, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>