title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

recordings come out slow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

recordings come out slow

hello all. i have a problem where my recordings come out slower than the original speed of my records. i have a turntable, connected to a mixer, and the mixer is connected to the line-in of my sound card. as i am playing my record and recording with aux input, the sound is fine. but when i am finished recording and i listen to the mp3 that db has created, it is very slow.

i am using mp3 set at 320kbps. please advise. thanks.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: recordings come out slow

Try recording an lp to .wav.
    Do the wav files sound ok or are they slowed down too.
    If they sound ok, I would recommend recording your lps to wav and then converting the wav files to mp3. Wav is lossless so you will not be losing any quality through this process.
    If, however, the .wav files also sound slowed down, please let us know.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by xoas
      Try recording an lp to .wav.
      Do the wav files sound ok or are they slowed down too.
      If they sound ok, I would recommend recording your lps to wav and then converting the wav files to mp3. Wav is lossless so you will not be losing any quality through this process.
      If, however, the .wav files also sound slowed down, please let us know.
      Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen
      The problem actually started when i was recording as .wavs. I switched to recording as .mp3s and it solved the problem but only for 6 recordings. I switched back and forth, between .mp3 and .wav, but the problem is still there.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

OK. You have tried mp3 and wav and you have been successful on 6 occasions (in a row) all with mp3 and since then you have not been successful in converting tracks from lp to wav or mp3 using Auxilary Input. Is that right? Your signal is being processed from a turntable through a mixer to the computer. Is this through the computer's line-in? The mixer output is essentially speaker output.

This being what you've been seeing, let me ask the following:
        What versions of Music Converter and Auxilary Input are you using? What settings are you using for your wav or mp3 conversions in terms of frequency, channels and bits(for wav only). What type of system are you running (processor, speed, ram, free drive space)? Are you running other programs in the background during your conversions? Will Auxilary Input convert when you first start up the computer and then lose that ability? If you restart the computer will Auxilary Input then convert successfully again? If the answer to the last 2 questions is yes then you might want to consider increasing your ram cache.
        The other thing that will many times work when all else fails is to uninstall and reinstall dMC and Auxilary input.
        Another user might have additional or better input (and should Spoon offer advice, take it). Keep us posted regarding the above.
        Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>