title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter crashes my computer...why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Music Converter crashes my computer...why?

I've been using dbpoweramp Music Converter for some time, and was happy with it. At first it converted WAV's to MP3's very quickly. Recently, it's begun to lock up on me, and when it does work, it takes forever. So, I de-installed it and downloaded the new version. Now it locks up my computer...I wonder what's happening. I am using ME as an operating system...

...man...before, the conversions were lightning fast...now I can't even use it 'cause I have to constantly re-boot my computer.

...am I missing something?

SilkyTofu
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter crashes my computer...why?

Perhaps computer overheating?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Like Spoon said, it sounds like overheating. What processor do you have and what speed? (if you know) I ask because the early Pentium 4s would downclock themselves when they were running too hot. Was this computer purchased or was it built by you or a friend?
      Did you install some software or hardware shortly before it stopped working?

Comment

• Unregistered

I have something familiar, but my problems started after installing the ogg-codec. Now after a conversion of one ogg-file the programm crashes. I'm using XP Pro on a P4-machine.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If it is just the program, and not windows then it is likely the problem is in the program, converting to or from ogg? so converting what to what?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Sorry,
            From ogg to MP3 (Lame), Variable bitrate, stereo, 44,1 khz, volume normalize, preserve id-tags, Quality = No preset, Set bits = original.

I've installed the normal ogg-codec first, which caused already the problem, and then the special P4 ogg-(CLI)-codec.
            When I convert from ogg to wav then it doesn't crash, but when I convert from ogg to mp3 it crashes saying "MusicConverter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience....blabla". But the created mp3-file is OK.

One more strange thing: before installing the ogg-codec I could start converting by selecting a ogg-file in windows-explorer and using a right-mouse-click. Now that doesn't work anymore either.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It is probabbly the ID tag that is crashing it at the end.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

You're right, it's in the ID-tag caused by file "mp3pro.dll", which converts the id-tag.
                When I turn off "preserve id-tag" then it won't crash anymore at the end. I only then loses a part off the id-tag information.
                I've running version 4.0.0.4 with offset 00012978 of "mp3pro.dll". Is there a later version available, which solves this problem?

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi...I think the problem is fixed. I was poking around in the forums and saw a downloadable patch...for an older version of dbPowerAmp. I installed it...and everything is working fine...converts stuff to MP3 really fast, and nice quality too!

Thanks everyone for your input...I very happy again!!!

SilkyTofu

Comment

Working...

]]>