title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC not working on non-administration accounts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

dMC not working on non-administration accounts

First off CD Ripping needs Administration rights, unless 'dMC Audio CD Configuration' >> Communication is set to 'Windows NT/2000 (built-in limited)..

Install dMC using each of the accounts you are to use it with.

Demodave posts:

I think I have found a workaround for this problem. Simply login as Administrator, open Windows Explorer, navigate to "Program Files/Illustrate/dBpowerAMP" folder on your hard drive and right click, select properties, click on the Security tab, click on the user group that you want to grant dBpowerAMP access to, then put a check mark in all of the columns under allow, click apply and then OK.
    Last edited by Spoon; October 14, 2004, 09:22 PM.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dMC not working on non-administration accounts

Also, all dBpowerAMP programs MUST be installed as administrator for them to work.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

To clarify, set the account to Administrator, install dBpowerAMP, try 1 conversion / CD Rip then set the account back to Restricted making changes as per first message.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

IMPORTANT NOTE:
        If you are using XP Home, you MUST boot into Safe Mode to log into the Administrator account and access the Security tab. An alternate way I found to enable full access to a directory was to go to the sharing tab, share the folder, and check "allow users to change my files." Of course, if you are on a network, this is not an option.
        If you are using XP Pro, you can access the Security tab if you have simple file sharing disabled in your folder options.

Comment

Working...

]]>