title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cant convert mp32wma

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pammy37
    • Mar 2004

Cant convert mp32wma

I am very, very new to dbpoweramp converter. I can convert to wavs OK, but when I try to convert mp3's to WMA I get an error dialogue box and my program shuts down.
    Can somebody help me using NON technical terms please?

(I use windows XP)
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Cant convert mp32wma

Originally posted by pammy37
    I am very, very new to dbpoweramp converter. I can convert to wavs OK, but when I try to convert mp3's to WMA I get an error dialogue box and my program shuts down.
    Can somebody help me using NON technical terms please?

(I use windows XP)
    What is the error you're getting? You'll have to be more specific.

And do you mean you have converted an mp3 file to wav successfully and were unable to convert the same mp3 file to wma?

Do you have all the wma codecs installed as per instructions at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-wma.htm ?

You may want to indicate the vital statistics of the mp3 (bitrate, constant or average or variable) and those of the wav you converted to as well (bits 8/16/24, frequency 8000Hz-192000Hz, mono/stereo or what)- as what kind of wma you were trying to convert to (bitrate again, variable or constant, etc).

Sorry, cannot be less technical about it.

Comment

• pammy37
      • Mar 2004

Christina, Thank you.
      I checked on the link you gave me and realized that I had VERY stupidly forgotten to install the necessary codecs.
      I just tried converting the mpo3 to WMA format again and it worked.
      Thanks so much.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by pammy37
        Christina, Thank you.
        I checked on the link you gave me and realized that I had VERY stupidly forgotten to install the necessary codecs.
        I just tried converting the mpo3 to WMA format again and it worked.
        Thanks so much.
        Ah, a happy ending. Great to hear that for a change.

Comment

Working...

]]>