title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help! Need to convert song into a wave for a ringtone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • possiblykim
    • Aug 2004

Help! Need to convert song into a wave for a ringtone

Hello
    I have all the down loads you offer and I am trying to edit a song by taking a song off of the CD. I need to convert it into a wave that is 8000ht, 8 bits Mon and I need just part of this song or would like to select a specific part of this song to play as a ring tone (25 seconds) for my 1730 nextel phone can SOMEONE PLEASE help me on finding Instructions on How I can do exactly that. I am a newbee using DMCAudio CD input and dbpowerAmp Music Converter, Is there anything else I need. THANKS :cry:
    Last edited by possiblykim; August 23, 2004, 08:37 PM.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help! Need to convert song into a wave for a ringtone

I need to convert it into a wave that is 8000ht
    From the Audio CD Input screen click on the downward arrow next to the "Rip" button. From the menu that appears, select "Convert To" and from the menu select "Wav". Click on the downward pointing arrow next to the Rip button again and select "Conversion Settings". From there you can select your frequency (8000 hz) and channels (1. mono).

I need just part of this song or would like to select a specific part of this song to play as a ring tone (25 seconds)
    For this you will need something else. Easiest would be to download and install the Power Pack (free 30 day trial, $19.00 for registered version). With this your best bet would be to open your cd in Audio CD Input, set your conversion settings as outlined above and then click on "Rip as One". The red bar on the left side of the screen shows the active part of the cd that you will be ripping. You can use the preview play function to find the section you want to record. You will use your left mouse button to set your starting point and you right mouse button to select your ending point. Uncheck the box that says "Snap to track". Use your preview play to make sure you have your start and end points where you want them. Give your track a name and then click on the Rip button.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I need just part of this song or would like to select a specific part of this song to play as a ring tone (25 seconds)
      Another way to do this would be to rip the track you want as outlined above and to use a wav editing program to delete those parts of the track you do not want in your ring tone. If you do not already have access to a wav editing program you might want to try Audacity which you can download for free at:
      Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• possiblykim
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by xoas
        Another way to do this would be to rip the track you want as outlined above and to use a wav editing program to delete those parts of the track you do not want in your ring tone. If you do not already have access to a wav editing program you might want to try Audacity which you can download for free at:
        Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen
        Thanks Bill I am going to try this and I did down load the power pack

Comment

Working...

]]>