title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rips OK, Song Skips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maera

Rips OK, Song Skips

I have tried many different ripping programs and I seem to have the same problems. They rip no problem, with no errors but when I go to play the song they skip. I know it's not the cd's (they play fine and it's happening to all cd's). Are there settings I can change or do I just assume it's my Cd-rom?? Thanks anyone for any ideas.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rips OK, Song Skips

[/QUOTE]They rip no problem, with no errors but when I go to play the song they skip.when I go to play the song they skip.[QUOTE]
    Do you mean that if you play the track on the cd that it skips? Or do you mean that the track you rip has skips in it? What settings are you using for your ripping (to what format, bitrate, frequency, channels)?

Comment

• maera

Yes, the ripped track skips, the cd is fine. Bit rate is set at 192 kbs, frequency is 44100, channels is stereo. These are set to default I didn't change anything after set up. Each song only has like one skip or so, but enough to make the song not good quality. Thanks

Comment

• maera

Also, this may sound wierd but its not quite a skip, not like how cd's skip. It's more like for a nano-second pauses and sometimes it seems to happen with the rythym, maybe just coincidence tho.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

I think you may be having a problem with the CD drive speed. It gets out of synch and either lags or gets ahead during the file transfer process. I am no expert, so I don't know where to begin to point you to a solution. Wasn't there something about setting the read speed somwehre?

Comment

• Maera
            • Aug 2004

This sounds like it might be right. LOL I dont know how to change the settings for read speed though. Thanks for the good idea.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

I believe the link is here:

You can also find it in the Spport section of the web site (for Audio CD input).

Good luck,
              Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Maera
                • Aug 2004

Hi. I tried to run that program Nero Speed but it wouldnt open, saying that it was unable to run WINas132.dll. I'll try and find this info in the support section but if you have any ideas I'd appreciate anything.
                Thanks, Maera

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

Hopefully you will find what you need there. If not, please let us know what version of Windows you are using.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2004

I found several references to the same sort of problem, the missing Winasp132.dll . One solution was to be found at http://aspi.radified.com . Elsewhere it was advised to uninstall and reinstall Nero.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...

]]>