title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping CDs - Two Formats

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WayneH
    • Aug 2004

Ripping CDs - Two Formats

I need to rip CD tracks and encode to two different formats in one pass (Monkeys Audio and MP3). Is this possible?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Ripping CDs - Two Formats

I don't think so. It's a CPU intensive enough process as it is so it probably wouldn't be possible anyway. Under the current functionality of dMC, if you try to start 2 instances of dMC operating on the same file, the second instance overrides the first one.

But..... read on as I am obviously WRONG! :p
    Last edited by ChristinaS; August 14, 2004, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

What you want is possible however you may need to have the powerpack installed. Check out this faq posting http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=631 which covers ripping to mp3 and wav.

It should be possible for you to substitute the ape format for wav.

Wayne (the other one)

Comment

• WayneH
        • Aug 2004

Thanks Wayne. That's the post that inspired my question. I appreciate the assistance. :D

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

yes you sure can. i discovered this possabilty a long time ago so hopefully my instructions still work the same today.

although dmc was not designed to do this so it's not soemthing that is fully supported as such. it's just one of those things that it can do with a bit of imagination thrown in :D

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Aha! Ok, I hadn't tried it that way - sorry about misleading anyone. :o

Comment

Working...

]]>