title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Free Trial Does Not Work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Free Trial Does Not Work

The file name San Antonio RoseFXT - 60 - Boston Pops 4.05.mp3 strikes me as possibly being invalid in many instances, due mainly to the presence of an extra period in it. Normally a period separates the file name from it's extension. Some applications will accept it, some may not. The same may happen with file names containing other reserved or invalid characters like: \ / : * ? " < > | .

Comment

• Longblades
      • Aug 2004

The .mp3 is being put on by some other program when I carry the file over into an organizer. The organizer then says the file name includes the .mp3. It specifically puts this as part of the filename so I included it for you, sorry if that has made things more confusing. I have put on only the 4.05 (which is the length of the song) and it converts as part of the artist name in the one "filename to tag" program which is working for me.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

The .mp3 is the actual extension of the file name, however having the other periods in the file name before the extension may confuse a lot of programs. Try renaming the file wihtout the periods in 4.05. and see if that helps. But do keep the period before the mp3 extension.

Other than that, I have no clue, sorry. :o

Comment

• Longblades
          • Aug 2004

I don't think that's it, Christina, because one of the six songs in my Power Pack Test folder that will not convert to Tag does not have the time extension. However, it is a copy of one that does have a time extension. I took the time extension off because I thought that might the reason too. And, I only recently started putting that on. Many songs that will not convert do not have it, and, as I say, most of them will convert in Tag&Rename, whether the time extension is there or not. I have looked at the songs that will not convert, even the few in Tag&REname, and can find no common denominator.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Just another crazy idea I'm having.

Right click on the file name you would like to change the tags for and select properties. Is Read only checked by any chance? In that case the file cannot be written to, which is what the tag editor has to do - although I'd expect an error mesage of sorts if attempting to write to the file. Just uncheck that and tagging may work again.

Comment

• Longblades
              • Aug 2004

Nope. The only thing checked for the six is Archive. And System is grayed out. Too bad, eh? It would be nice to convert from wave to mp3, normalize and write tags all in one fell swoop.

Comment

Working...

]]>