title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Aux Input Problem: Reverb at end of file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saramati
    • Aug 2004

Aux Input Problem: Reverb at end of file

I've just begun using dBpowerAMP to convert some audio cassette language study tapes to Mp3 files. All went fine for the first 10-12 tapes, but then I started getting a peculiar anomaly at the end of some---but not all---the new Mp3 files: a sort of reverb distortion, a bit like an instantaneous triple or quadruple over-lapping echo effect. I checked the tapes to make sure the distortion was not on the source---it wasn't. But when I attempted to re-record I still got the same distorted result, and again only in the latter portion of the file---and only on the the same certain tapes but not the others.

I'm running the current version of dBA with XP pro on a Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop. None of the tapes, btw, is longer than 35minutes, but I have been converting each to a single Mp3 track. Could that be the problem? But then why with only with a few of the tapes and not most of the others, including some of the longest?

Suggestions to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated, especially since I do like the dBpowerAmp program otherwise!
    Last edited by Saramati; August 05, 2004, 08:00 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Aux Input Problem: Reverb at end of file

It could be a problem with speed of recording, as a test try converting to wave (or monkeys if want tags), then convert later to mp3.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>