title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta config problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vipes

Sveta config problem

Hi there,

I am having trouble getting Sveta Explorer going. I have a Philips HDD 060 and have downloaded the driver. It is deteced in dMC 'Sveta Portable Audio - Add Device' and I have added it to the device list. When I run Sveta Explorer I get an error saying "Use 'dMC Sveta Portable Audio - Add Device' program to add your device".

Has anyone else had this problem or know the solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Vipes
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Sveta config problem

First make sure you have the Sveta R5 beta, then Try this - run Sveta 'add device' remove any installed devices, then add the hdd060, open Sveta explorer with the icon on the desktop.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks Spoon.

Using the icon on the desktop is the way to go (i see now that there are command line parameters used with svetaexplorer.exe)

One thing i've noticed is that once music has been copied over, and the hdd060 disconnected, when the device is reconnected to the computer and svetaexplorer launched i consitently get an error message saying 'error reading database' and no are tracks displayed. To overcome this, i need to go to 'data files', right click on a music file, select 'extra commands - philips properties' and then click 'search for lost files'. This finds all the tracks, adds them to the d'base and everything works fine.

Just thought i'd mention it and see if anyone else had this difficulty.

Cheers
      Vipes

PS. i just realised this thread is in the wrong forum section

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

When you quit sveta you have to wait a little while whilst Windows decides to write to the player (caching), the option 'Auto Dismount' in options might help.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>