title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Automatic Volume Level on CD Burning ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tealc
    • Jul 2004

Automatic Volume Level on CD Burning ?

I am new to db apps but I like them a lot :smile2: When I burn music to a CD the files on my PC are mixed formats (mp3, wav etc.) and all seem to have different volume levels which makes for very uneven volume levels on burned CDs. Could someone please tell me how to set an automatic recording/burning level or point me to somewhere that explains this, preferably with dbPower apps ? Thanks.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Automatic Volume Level on CD Burning ?

Are you talking about burning with the dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) or are you talking about preparing tracks with the dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) for burning with another program?
    With dCW I believe that you will automatically get the mild level of volume normalization that is automatic with dMC. If you have the Power Pack installed you can use the Volume Normalization controls to obtain different forms and/or levels of volume normalization. I am not entirely sure whether you need to access dCW through dMC to obtain this feature or whether (as I suspect) dCW will do this automatically if you have set and saved Volume Normalization as an active DSP within dMC. You may want to review the instructions in your dMC help files for the various forms of volume normalization which are available through the Volume Normalization function. You can find the help files by going: Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help>Power Pack DSP.

If you are using dMC to prepare your files through burning with another program, you can use the same features. You should be aware, however, that some burner programs may also have some type of volume leveling feature built in which could result in tracks that have too much gain (resulting in distortion). In this case you may want to turn off that feature in your burning program (assuming you can) or learn to avoid over-adjusting your Volume Normalization with dMC in order to avoid this problem.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions or difficulties, please let us know.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Last edited by xoas; July 25, 2004, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• tealc
      • Jul 2004

Re: Automatic Volume Level on CD Burning ?

Great !!! Just what I needed, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...

]]>