title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Codec settings for converting mp3 to AAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supermonkeyball
    • Jul 2004

AAC Codec settings for converting mp3 to AAC

Hi there,

what are the exact settings needed for converting mp3's to AAC on dBpowerAMP Music Converter? I went to open up the program, so it tells me to choose which music file I want to convert.... when its chosen theres some settings, things like "TNS Coding (Enable / Disable)", "Production (on / off)", "Preset/Bitrate", "Header (ADTS Default / ADIF / No RAW)", "Preserve ID Tags".

Exactly which options should I set for converting to AAC?

Many thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AAC Codec settings for converting mp3 to AAC

The default ones are fine, jst change a preset bitrate as required.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• supermonkeyball
      • Jul 2004

It's still not working. My N-Gage is saying "Messaging: Unknown file format". It worked earlier, I had the settings right, but I forgot which settings I used. I can't remember what I'm supposed to set for TNS, Bitrate, header, and Production(?), to make the phone accept the format.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Try TNS Encoding-Enable;Production-Off;Header-ADTS(default). Preset/Bitrate you can set as you need. For cell phines you probably want to try 48 kbs or 56 kbs.

Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• supermonkeyball
          • Jul 2004

This only seemed to happen after I installed 2 programs called PvPlayer and Oggplay onto my N-Gage. Before that, when I sent .acc's to my phone via bluetooth, the file would be recognized and ask if I wanted to save the acc file somewhere.
          But now it doesn't, it says "Messaging: unknown file format". Although there's a small program called "Fexplorer" which allows me to move the acc from my phones' inbox to the stored music folder.
          Then when I open the phone's music player, it's able to play it. But it used to be auto recognized from the inbox. I shouldn't have installed those 2 programs I think. That's IF one of them caused the problem. Probably need to get the phone flashed. AAHH!!

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

You might want to check your file associations to see whether the files you are trying to convert are associated with dMC. It may be that your other programs caused your computer to assume that all AAC files should be opened through one or the other of these 2 programs you mention.
            Go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP>Configuration>File Associations or go Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>File Types.

Let us know how you make out.
            Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Evelyn
              • Feb 2005

Dear all,
              I want to know the followings mean:
              "TNS Coding (Enable / Disable)",
              "Production (on / off)",
              "Preset/Bitrate",
              "Header (ADTS Default / ADIF / No RAW)".
              I want to know if I set different items,the file will do what kind of changes?
              Thx~

Comment

• Shahzeb
                • Mar 2005

Hi,

For N-Gage, I used the default settings and set the bit rate to 64kbps and the default Music Player plays it just fine, no problems there. But I don't use the bluetooth connection to transfer files to the phone so I can't comment on that. Try transferring the AAC files directly to your MMC using the USB cable. OggPlay doesn't cause any problems, I have it installed on my phone. Instead of getting the phone flashed you should try a soft reset first.

One problem I have is with the TAGS. The dbAmp shell extension shows the tags, but they are not visible in Winamp. Any ideas, any one?

Ciao.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Install the beta of aac (in beta section) you can specify to write an id3v2 tag.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>