title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Release 10 Changes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeS
    • Jul 2004

Release 10 Changes?

As I am a Newby at this I have a few questions right off the bat...

In the description of "Significant Changes" for Release 10 the following is stated: ...integration between dBpowerAMP Audio Player and Audio CD Input...

What exactly ("integration") does this mean? It won't matter if the dAP and the dMC Programs are located in different folder locations will it?

I presume the "Audio CD Input" "Rips" CD's....

I just "ripped" my first CD using the dMC and not the "Audio CD Input", what is the difference between using this to "rip" CD's vs. "Audio CD Input". Maybe this is exactly what I did, that is the "Audio CD Input" shortcut on the desktop is what the dMC actually ends up using to "Rip" CD's and the Shortcut is just another way to get to the same program. Is that the case?

It looks like a lot for me to pick up conserning all the settings options and such before I know what exactly I'm doing here. What I did the first time was simply to Click on the "Rip" icon in the dMC and let her go. It seemed to work out okay as far as I can see in that I was soon playing tunes off MP3 files created on my hard disk. Pretty neat....

Thanks for the help.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Release 10 Changes?

Mike-
    I believe that the "integration" being referred to between Audio CD Input and the dB Audio Player (dAP) in v. 10 was the ability to listen to cd's directly through dAP (through the "Play Audio CD" icon).

If you are ripping cd's I would recommend that you use the Audio CD Input to do so. Audio CD Input is a built-In component of the dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) and uses dMC to do the actual ripping. dMCAudio CD Input gives you some features that you CANNOT access if you instead open your cd through dMC. The biggest obvious difference is that using Audio CD Input you can access the Freedb data base (assuming you have an internet connection) and this greatly facilitates tagging. And as your collection grows you will quickly come to appreciate how important tagging can be. Audio CD Input also ahs some other features, especially if you have the Power Pack installed.

Anyway, I hope this clears up a few of your questions.
    Welcome.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

Re: Release 10 Changes?

As I understand it the 'integration' consists of dMC Audio Input indicating which tracks are already present within dAP when you attempt to rip a CD, when you have the "add track to dAP" option set. This saves you adding the same track to the MMC database more than once.

The Play Audio CD icon doesn't need dMC installed to work, it is a feature of dAP.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>