title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Collection: 'convert to' doesn't work in

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vincent

Music Collection: 'convert to' doesn't work in

Hi,

I'm trying to mass-sort and convert files of a certain bitrate in the music collection. Sorting works fine, though when I rightclick, the option 'convert to' is blanked out i.e. not selectable. Has anyone experienced this problem before or knows how to fix it? Help is very much appreciated, as I'm talking about 3000 files here and converting manually it would take a lifetime.

Greets,

Vincent
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Collection: 'convert to' doesn't work in

You might want to check your file associations to see whether the files you are trying to convert are associated with dMC. Go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP>Configuration>File Associations or go Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>File Types.
    Try that. If that does not work, then try converting a smaller number of files (start with say a half-dozen). If it will work with a smaller number of files, it is possible that you may be trying to convert too many files at once (I am only hypothesizing here).
    Let us know what you find.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Last edited by xoas; July 13, 2004, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Vincent

Well I tried the changing the file association (was winamp before) but no effect.

Basically I read somewhere in this forum that I could sort files by bitrate and convert them in the audioplayer's music collection. I loaded all files into the collection, which took quite a while, and sorted the files by clicking on the kbps-column. Then I selected all the files over 192 kbps that I wanted to convert, and right-clicked. The option to open the converter is greyed out. I restarted the application multiple times and re-installed the converter as well. Still nothing. :-(

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Try my other suggestion, converting a fairly small number at a time to see if that works. If it does, you can experiment to figure out how many you can convert at one time.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

What types of files are they? Do you have to codecs for them? If you don't, you should download and install the proper codecs from Codec Central and try again as Xoas said, on a small number of files, probably best they should all be of the same type, maybe even one at a time at first.

Comment

• Vincent

Thanks for replying. I fixed it!

What I did was uninstall all the codecs, the player and the converter and then just reinstall the converter and player. Then it worked.

I did have all the codecs before already btw, and convert would work fine via the regular context-menu in explorer.

Greets,

Vincent

Comment

Working...

]]>