title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Creating music cd's with files save in WMA Lossless format.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Creating music cd's with files save in WMA Lossless format.

I loaded my music library into computer using the WMA Lossless format and am now trying to burn a mixed cd to play in my car but even though WMP converts the files, none of the cd players in my house or car can read the disk. Also, poweramp doesn't even see the files when I open the folder that my music is stored in. Therefore, I have been unsuccessful converting the files I want to burn as MP3s. Is there any solution that will fix this problem?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Creating music cd's with files save in WMA Lossless format.

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I loaded my music library into computer using the WMA Lossless format and am now trying to burn a mixed cd to play in my car but even though WMP converts the files, none of the cd players in my house or car can read the disk. Also, poweramp doesn't even see the files when I open the folder that my music is stored in. Therefore, I have been unsuccessful converting the files I want to burn as MP3s. Is there any solution that will fix this problem?
    Do you have a cd player capable of playing wma or mp3? Because if your cd player in the car or in your house cannot, then you most definitely have to burn an audio cd, not any other kind of cd. A mixed cd may work but I think you must place the cd audio part first and the data part second. I've never tried it though.

Comment

• Unregistered

Windows media player is supposed to convert the files to CDA. It actually runs throught the process when writing the WMA files to CD. But when I put the cd in the player it does not work.

Comment

• Unregistered

I have attempted to record these files from three different machines and get the same result each time. That leads me to believe that the problem is not related to any kind of failed hardware/software.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Windows media player is supposed to convert the files to CDA. It actually runs throught the process when writing the WMA files to CD. But when I put the cd in the player it does not work.
          You are burning audio cd's using WMP? Hmmm.... I've never used it for that purpose. I use Nero and specifically request an audio cd compilation.
          You must have the Roxio cd burning software then, because this is what WMP uses.

It is not wma file you want it to write to the cd, but rather cda tracks. If it writes wma files, than it is not an audio cd, but a data cd and this will not generally be played in a regular cd player, only mp3 and wma players (which have now appeared for cars as well - but you'd know it if you had one).

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

I have in the past created an Audio CD using WMP but that was before I discovered dBpowerAMP's software. Some older cd players have trouble with CDRs and especially CDRWs. Are you using a CDR or CDRW to create your audio CD? Does WMP recognise it when you insert it into your PC?

BTW Did you know that there is a free Nero burner plugin for WMP which allows better control over the resultant CD created.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>