title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

what am I doing wrong??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

what am I doing wrong??

I'm new to all this so forgive me. First and foremost I want to be able to figure my offsets for my drive Sony CDRW CRX216E.I've downloaded the dBPowerAMP music converter ver4.2.1.2 and have some key discs.When I insert the key disc Audio CD Input it recognizes it but tells me "AccurateRip Disabled" should that be? Also when I try to Rip the tracks this error appears:

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.
    Would the codecs have something to do with this? I converted to wave I see it in the folder but there is no Audio.I'm using Windows XP.Hope some kind soul can help me out.I really need to find my offsets for my drive

Tom
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: what am I doing wrong??

"dBPowerAMP music converter ver4.2.1.2"
    Are you sure about this version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter. The current main version is version 10.1. So first thing I would recommend is that you update your version of dMC. But it may be that you are looking at the version # for some module like Auxilary Input. You can open up your help file for dMC (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help). At the top of the help page frame it will show your version # for dMC (although release 10.1 will still show up as release 10 there).

If you haven't already done so you need to download and install both the AccurateRip module for dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) as well as the AccurateRip Key Disc database from here:

Then you will need to Test Convert at least 3 key discs. Since any given disc may have several pressings it may take a while until you find key discs that are recognized. You will need to find and convert 3 key discs which agree on your offset (some may show a different offset). To test convert, when you open the Audio CD Input screen, click on the arrow by the Rip button, select Rip To and select Test Conversion (No Write).

Anyway, you will find all the directions you need at the accuraterip.com website which you can access from the forum link. Hope this answers your question.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Last edited by xoas; July 11, 2004, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Re: what am I doing wrong??

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I'm new to all this so forgive me. First and foremost I want to be able to figure my offsets for my drive Sony CDRW CRX216E.I've downloaded the dBPowerAMP music converter ver4.2.1.2 and have some key discs.When I insert the key disc Audio CD Input it recognizes it but tells me "AccurateRip Disabled" should that be? Also when I try to Rip the tracks this error appears:

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
      Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.
      Would the codecs have something to do with this? I converted to wave I see it in the folder but there is no Audio.I'm using Windows XP.Hope some kind soul can help me out.I really need to find my offsets for my drive

Tom
      Since you say that you have converted your tracks to wav and you see them there, perhaps it's your volume control that has been muted for wav, and maybe it only works for cd's. Open volume control by right clicking on the volume icon in your task bar and take a look at the situation there.

Comment

Working...

]]>