title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Proper MP4/AAC settings for iPod

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finsta

Proper MP4/AAC settings for iPod

I use an iPod but I don't use Sveta to copy my music as I use Winamp but when I try to rip a track and copy it over via any app which supports an iPod, it doesn't show up on the iPod. Suggestions?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Proper MP4/AAC settings for iPod

For the iPod you need a special program to upload the audio files and write to the database, such as Sveta.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Finsta

No, what would be the best codec for the iPod/MP4

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Free one, faac mp4

iTunes .mp4 can give slightly higher quality.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hans-j�rgen
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Finsta
          I use an iPod but I don't use Sveta to copy my music as I use Winamp but when I try to rip a track and copy it over via any app which supports an iPod, it doesn't show up on the iPod.
          You didn't specify which apps you used to transfer the files to your iPod, so it's hard to know what might be wrong.

If you want to stick with Winamp, you should use the new ml_ipod plugin that is able to transfer *.m4a files ripped with new Winamp versions to the iPod, as far as I know. It cannot transcode from input files on your HDD to *.m4a though, and I'm not sure if the MP4 tags are handled correctly either. In any case you have to synchronize the new files on the iPod with the ones in your file transfer application, too, if this isn't done automatically.

Download iPod Winamp support plugin for free. ml_ipod is a Winamp Media Library plugin that allows you to send and get songs off your iPod from Winamp's Media Library.

Comment

Working...

]]>