title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dB Music Converter Stopped Ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scredly
    • Jul 2004

dB Music Converter Stopped Ripping

Hello,

dB Power Amp Music Converter has stopped ripping. It opens fine but when it's time to rip the time keeps going up but nothing gets converted. I killed the registry key and reinstalled. Same problem.

Could it be I've disabled a service in XP that the Converter needs to operate? That's all I can think of. iTunes still rips fine but I hate using iTunes to rip.

What services in XP does dB Power Amp require to run?

Cheers!

Scred
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: dB Music Converter Stopped Ripping

I take it you are trying to rip a cd to your hard drive. What format and settings are you trying to rip to? If you ripped to a different format (like wav rather than mp3) will it rip then?
    Does dB Music Converter (dMC) convert existing files for you?
    I assume you are using Audio CD Input to open up and start your ripping. If you open up dMC and surf to your cd drive and rip from there will it work for you?
    Have you tried uninstalling dMC, killing the registry, and reinstalling dMC?
    Keep us posted and let us know if you find something that works.
    As for your question, I don't know what services in XP dMC requires. Perhaps someone else would. It might help, however, if you could tell us what services you might have disabled (if any).
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Try ripping to 'Test Conversion'
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• scredly
        • Jul 2004

I turned RPC service back on and all is good. This also affected mounting of my external drives.

Thanks.

Scred

Comment

• powerchord_doom
          • Mar 2006

I've been having the exact same problem! how did you resolve the issue? and what is the RPC thing you mentioned?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Start --> Run and type without quotes "services.msc". Set the "Remote Procedure Call" service to Automatic, start it, set the "Remote Procedure Call Locator" to manual.

Comment

Working...

]]>