title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA-to-OGG on iRiverH120

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechnoDigirati
    • Jun 2004

WMA-to-OGG on iRiverH120

I'm experimenting with converting WMA to OGG ... so far so good; except that iH120 won't pick up album or artist info for the database; anyone trying the same thing having similar or like probs?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA-to-OGG on iRiverH120

Perhaps they have not implemented Ogg tagging on the iRiver?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TechnoDigirati
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      Perhaps they have not implemented Ogg tagging on the iRiver?
      Yo, "Spoon," the more I experiment with it as I have earlier on today [WMA-to-OGG v. Rip-to-OGG] the more I'm thinking that has to be the case ... gonna put in a "support" inquiry to iRiver. Thanks. I "withdraw" the question. Thanks.

Comment

• madfiddler
        • Nov 2004

The iRiver iHp100,iHp120,iHp140 players (now known as H100/H120/H140) all work with Ogg/Wma and Mp3 tagging absolutely fine.

The problem is with the DB creation software supplied by iRiver. even if you download the latest version it doesn't like WMA files although it appears to work with Ogg.

I would suggest that you use the iHpTool from this site http://www.gacel.de/ihptool.htm

It seems to be the weapon of choice for most iRiver fans. It copes with Ogg/WMA/Mp3 absolutely perfectly. It does not require installing, so you can just throw it on your player and run it directly from there. Great if you are moving around and plugging in your player to different computers!

For more iriver help I would suggest www.misticriver.net

Comment

Working...

]]>