title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Much CPU Activity, no progress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAloys
    • Jun 2004

Much CPU Activity, no progress

I am trying to convert a 28 minute Real Audio voice file to MP3. When I execute the convert, CPU goes to 100% and menu progress bar stays at 0% completion. I let it run for more than 5 minutes but nothing happens. When I finally hit "cancel", CPU drops to 0 and there is no "lock-up" problem. I have installed/uninstalled twice but have the same problem.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Much CPU Activity, no progress

You can only decode Real Audio files in real time. This means that your conversion of a 28 minute file will take 28 minutes. There is also a notice in Codec Central by the Real Audio codec indicating that the progress bar for a Real Audio conversion will remain at 0% completion until it is fully completed. So there is nothing unusual in that. As far as the CPU use going to 100%, try decreasing the priority level of your conversion.
    Should you run into trouble, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Much CPU Activity, no progress

WOW !! You guys are really good ! I thought I just might get a sterile answer to my question - never thought someone would "nail" it ! Thank you so much for your response.
      Gordon

Comment

Working...

]]>