title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems with File Selector

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FRIEND

Problems with File Selector

Hello friends,
    I have a problem with the File Selector. Its not working. Ok bye.

Actually theres more to it! I mark up the files I want to convert (ooooh and theres alot). Now, I click the "Convert To" button. It mysteriously goes to DMC (not a dropdown menu like in the help file). It then tells me it doesnt, wait I will quote,
    "Support for the audio type '.mp3' might be obtained at 'Codec Central', visit codec central now?"
    Now regardless what I press (Yes or No), it brings me back the the File Selector and makes me cry and does nothing.

I have all codecs it could possibly want. (Yes, even the mp3pro one from Codec Central)

I tried reinstalling everything, but still no luck. But each time I first DMC and then afterwards FS.

I'm using WinXP the newest non-beta version of FS and the newest beta of DMC (as of now)
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems with File Selector

I'll look into it. But do you run into problems trying to convert individual files or just bulk conversions? Can you convert small folders of files or does it only occur with very large folders? I assume you are trying to convert to mp3, but to what settings (frequency, bitrate, channels)?
    The simpler explanations would probably be that you are trying to do conversions the program cannot handle or that you are trying to convert too much at once. But I don't think the second problem would cause that specific symptom and I suspect that you would have rooted out the first problem on your own.
    Still, it might be very helpful to know the answer to the above questions.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• FRIEND

I was trying to convert about, 1418 mp3s (all diffrent bitrates, I'm sure. And all in one big folder (I was just testing the File Selector, actually)).

Fake edit: I just tried to convert only one file using the File Selector, that seems to work.

Comment

• FRIEND

PROBLEM = FIXED

Sorry 'bout that.
        I deleted some pls and m3u files (well, all of them in that folder) and then it worked fine

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

well thats good to know if someone else has issues. just another thing to check

Comment

Working...

]]>