title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pops and cracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Pops and cracks

Specs:
    Windows 98se
    750mhz
    128MB ram
    Not sure about the CD/DVD drive itself, but it's about 2-3 years old.

The problem:
    When ripping from CD to .ogg (although this may be a general ripping issue) nearer the end of the CD a lot of cracks and pops occur. This normally only affects the last two or so tracks but if I rip then individually the same thing occurs. I'm also on the slowest ripping speed.

Can anyone help?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Pops and cracks

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Specs:
    Windows 98se
    750mhz
    128MB ram
    Not sure about the CD/DVD drive itself, but it's about 2-3 years old.

The problem:
    When ripping from CD to .ogg (although this may be a general ripping issue) nearer the end of the CD a lot of cracks and pops occur. This normally only affects the last two or so tracks but if I rip then individually the same thing occurs. I'm also on the slowest ripping speed.

Can anyone help?
    It could be that the tracks that have cracks and pops are copy-protected so this will always happen with straight ripping.
    You could use dMC Auxiliary Input for those tracks, capture them to wav and then convert the wav file to ogg.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Pops and cracks

I've recently retried ripping them to wav instead, and the problems are delayed and not as erratic, but still there (instead of the poping happening during the last three tracks, it's only happening in the last track). I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue rather than a program issue.

It's definitely not a copy-protected CD though.

Comment

Working...

]]>