title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp4>mp3 or mp4>wav can't open file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

mp4>mp3 or mp4>wav can't open file

Well, I am trying to convert a mp4 file to either an mp3 or a wav. When I try to do this it says that the file I am trying to convert could not be opened. How do I go about correcting this so that it can open the file and convert it?
  • Unregistered

Re: mp4>mp3 or mp4>wav can't open file

Anyone? ...please??

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Anyone? ...please??
      Can you play the original file in any player at all?

Have you left the player pointing to the file, so essentially the file is opened and reserved?

Are you using the option to delete original file after conversion? Not a good idea, especially the conversion malfunctions.

Finally check the file attributes for the original file. If it's "archive only" remove that.

Further more the file may be copy-protected which may result in it being impossible to convert.

Comment

• Unregistered

Well I restarted to make sure that it was being used by another source. The only player I have that supports mp4 or m4a is Foobar. Like I said though, I restarted so that it wasn't being used by it. I'll make sure it isn't archived again. Thanks for the help.

So if it's protected there is no way to alter that?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Well I restarted to make sure that it was being used by another source. The only player I have that supports mp4 or m4a is Foobar. Like I said though, I restarted so that it wasn't being used by it. I'll make sure it isn't archived again. Thanks for the help.

So if it's protected there is no way to alter that?
          dMC AUxiliary Input to capture the file to wav and then convert the wav using dMC to whatever you want. The capture is real time, so it takes as long as the original file takes to play.

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

and since dbpoweramp music player plays mp4's and a whole host of other formats, you might want to consider dropping foobar for a better player that comes with a great music management system as well.

current releas here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp.htm

but i recomend the bet here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2045

also the latest dmc here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2261

also copy and paste the exact error you are getting here.

Comment

• Unregistered

Alright... I got the bands guitar player to send me another .mp4....and it worked on the first try. I guess the other file was corrupt or was pointed at another prog. Not sure but it works now. So thanks so much to everyone that helped or offered advice. It is very appreciated.

-Nabe

Comment

Working...

]]>