title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Protected WMA to MP3 woes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Protected WMA to MP3 woes

So, now that I have placed all of my CDs onto my pc using WMP 9, I have discovered that most, if not all, of the resulting wma files are protected. What did I do that caused this, and is there a way to unprotect/decrypt the wma files so that I can manipulate them?

This is pretty frustrating right now...
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Protected WMA to MP3 woes

Originally posted by Unregistered
    So, now that I have placed all of my CDs onto my pc using WMP 9, I have discovered that most, if not all, of the resulting wma files are protected. What did I do that caused this, and is there a way to unprotect/decrypt the wma files so that I can manipulate them?

Hmmmm.... the "copy protect" option must have been checked (perhaps by default) when you copied the cd's using WMP. This results in copy protected files. I don't think there's much you can do except re-copy them and making sure you don't keep the copy protect option on.

If you no longer have those cd's, then I'm afraid all you can do is use dMC Auxiliary Input and re-capture the audio files to new, unprotected ones. This will be long, as it is real-time.

There's the possibility that the cd's tracks were also protected originally, and perhaps this is what you're finding now, that the saved files do not play properly, with sputtering or cracks and pops. Then again the only other solution is to copy the tracks using dMC Auxiliary Input.

Comment

• karla_denise18

Originally posted by Unregistered

Solo hablo español

Comment

• karla_denise18

Originally posted by karla_denise18
        Solo hablo español
        por favor lo necesito please,,,,,please

Comment

• Unregistered

Re:support Protected WMA to MP3 woes

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: support Protected WMA to MP3 woes

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

¿Que necesita Ud exactamente? Hay que pedirlo claramente, sino no nos entendimos.

Tambien hay que obtener un ID aqui en este forum, estaria mas fácil para buscar informaciones despues.

Espero para Ud que encuentre alguien que hable español mejor que yo para darle todas las explicaciones. Yo tampoco estaré capaz de darsele ahora, porqué hablo español solo un poquito, y escribo peor. Buena suerte.

Comment

• Unregistered

If you no longer have those cd's, then I'm afraid all you can do is use dMC Auxiliary Input and re-capture the audio files to new, unprotected ones. This will be long, as it is real-time.

Sadly, very long as we are talking about appx 2000 tracks. Is there no software out there that can decrypt the tracks?

Comment

Working...

]]>