title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adaptive automatic volume control?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alizard
    • Jun 2004

Adaptive automatic volume control?

I just down loaded the power pack to try out. The basic software has an "automatic volume setting" feature that works sort of OK on music that is a fairly tight dynamic range. You have a box to check for the volume set feature when it converts. My friend told me the power pack adds an 'adaptive" volume control that helps raise up very low volume sections within a track.

TRUE? How does it work?

More important, when I ripped a track on the computer now it engaged automatic volume adjustment without me checking the box selecting it. In fact, the box selecting the 'auto volume" seems to have disppeared? Does adding the power pack make the "auto volume level" function inherent not selectable?

Dumb Question: any place where there is some info like a user's manual on this software so I can read this and not ask one dumb question at a time?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adaptive automatic volume control?

Power Pack adds some more powerful and flexible volume normalization options to dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter). These will not engage until or unless you actively select it as an option before you rip. To set them you would click the Power Pack icon before you go rip your next track(s). You can ask dMC to remember your settings. As far as a user's manual the dMC Help files on your computer are very helpful for newbies, so I would advise you to start there. Then the FAQ section of the dMC Forums and the "How Do I" section should also prove useful. Also, the Forums Search engine can be a useful way of tracking down answers to your questions.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>