title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems converting .rm to .mp3 (using LAME)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dustin

Problems converting .rm to .mp3 (using LAME)

I downloaded dBpoweramp here and installed the CODEC for reading .rm files...I already had LAME installed for use with GoldWave.

I have a 47min .rm file I want to convert to .mp3 but I dont think it is working. According to the CODEC for .rm it will convert to .mp3 according to how long the .rm file is. My .rm file is 47min so I would think the convert would take 47(+/-)min. Well I have run the convert twice...the first time i let it run over an hour and nothing ever happened...the second time I ran it over night and i cancelled the convert after 4hours.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Problems converting .rm to .mp3 (using LAME)

Originally posted by Dustin
    I downloaded dBpoweramp here and installed the CODEC for reading .rm files...I already had LAME installed for use with GoldWave.

I have a 47min .rm file I want to convert to .mp3 but I dont think it is working. According to the CODEC for .rm it will convert to .mp3 according to how long the .rm file is. My .rm file is 47min so I would think the convert would take 47(+/-)min. Well I have run the convert twice...the first time i let it run over an hour and nothing ever happened...the second time I ran it over night and i cancelled the convert after 4hours.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help!
    I hope you have Real Player or Real One installed as well.

Logically, yes, it should finish converting in more or less the same length of time as your audio file. Maybe you're low on memory or processor speed? Have you upgraded to the latest versions of dMC and the required codecs as well? This may help.

If all else fails, you can try using dMC Auxiliary Input to capture to an mp3 or wma while playing the file through Real Player. Ordinarily I'd say capture to wav, but 47 minutes will result in close to 500MB of disk space which may be too much.

Comment

Working...

]]>