title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to convert to WMA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darrin

Unable to convert to WMA

Does the program need to be registered to get this option... someone pointed me here to try and do the conversion but I dont get the option when I try to convert..

I do have wmp 9 installed, and also downloaded the codecs a bit later just in case that was it... but all I get is ogg, mp3 and wav..

thanks for any help

Darrin
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Unable to convert to WMA

Originally posted by Darrin
    Does the program need to be registered to get this option... someone pointed me here to try and do the conversion but I dont get the option when I try to convert..

I do have wmp 9 installed, and also downloaded the codecs a bit later just in case that was it... but all I get is ogg, mp3 and wav..

thanks for any help

Darrin
    No, there is nothing to register for dMC in connection with wma conversions.

My guess is you didn't actually install the codec for wma, which is located at Codec Central in the Popular Codecs section. Pay attention to the instructions there:
    1. Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs (3.8MB) [not required if Media Player 9 or above is installed]
    2. WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b (260KB)
    3. Reboot computer (full shutdown, not hibernate, suspend or sleep)
    Might you have missed step 2 ? Remember, it's not just downloading that's needed, but you must also execute the installation. AFter the download is finished you have a prompt: Open or Open folder. Select Open and that installs it for you.

Also make sure you have the latest version of dMC. If not, download and install that, followed by downloading and installation of the various codecs.

You should know that you can also use WMP v 9 to encode and save to wma format an audio file that you are currently playing. This is actually located in Tools>Optios>Copy Music. vrious Plugins for mp3 encoding through WMP are available to purchase - so this is where dMC has a very strong edge: it's free! and very versatile.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Unable to convert to WMA

Sorry about that :( forgot to reboot... all works fine now just trying to see what the best quality vs filesize will be... since this is coverting to go on my palm, they dont need to be the best... with ogg, i usually convert at low quality

Comment

Working...

]]>