title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.bgw to .wav?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

.bgw to .wav?

A friend of mine said he used dMC to convert his Final Fantasy XI music files from .bgw, to .wav but I'm unsure how he did it...anyone know how to change this file format over to .wav or .mp3?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: .bgw to .wav?

Originally posted by Unregistered
    A friend of mine said he used dMC to convert his Final Fantasy XI music files from .bgw, to .wav but I'm unsure how he did it...anyone know how to change this file format over to .wav or .mp3?
    Ok, I have no clue what is .bgw, but if you can play such a file on your pc, you can capture the audio through dMC Auxiliary Input to a wav (to an mp3 too, but I prefer wav first). Then you convert the wav to whatever you wish.

Take a look at this thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2213 . Although it explains how to capture midi to wav, the method of operation is the same: you play your original file in the proper player and capture the sound in dMC Axiliary Input.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

also i have seen other threads that say with some of these game files you can just rename it and put the new extension to ".mp3" and will work in some cases.

Comment

• Unregistered

I appologize for bringing this thread back from the dead, but since its the only one that questions Final Fantasy XI BGW formats I thought at least a solution should be appended.

I have tried renaming the BGW files to .MP3 but never had any success converting them. I did, however, find a program which will convert BGW to WAV, or WAV to BGW (allowing you to replace music in the game with your own). I believe the dialogs are written in Japanese, but its not rocket science to figure out.

Its a bit painstaking to do each file one-by-one, but it will get the job done. Anyone want to take on the task of figuring out what this program is actually converting? I've tried binary comparison between the original and converted files, and there are a great deal of changes made, so its definitely not a simple renaming thing. Wish I was smarter about this stuff- a FFXI Codec for dbPowerAmp would be great.

Anyway, hope that helps someone.

Comment

Working...

]]>