title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows ME CD input problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMP
    • Jun 2004

Windows ME CD input problem

I have followed exactly the instructions posted to deal with the CD input program crashing on startup (no CD disk appears on startup page). I copied the files to a disk, right clicked on install, and then rebooted the system. I tried this 3 times, and it still will not work. What do I need to do now? TX
    Last edited by JMP; June 09, 2004, 05:13 AM. Reason: typo
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Windows ME CD input problem

Try starting CD Input with no CD disc in the drive, does it crash?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JMP
      • Jun 2004

It won't start even when there is no CD in the tray. I also checked Options, and there is "No CD Detected".

What should I try to do next?

I did notice after using Explorer to locate the install.inf folder, and right clicking it, that there was a "flash of info" on the screen that I could not read -- it was so fast. Is it possible that it is not "installing" properly for some reason? I have tried to install it 3 times now with the same results.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try the ASPI drive listing program + checking program from Support.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JMP
          • Jun 2004

I did what you suggested in looking into the drive listing and checking programs. They showed that an incorrect ASPI installed. So I then followed the directions for downloading the ASPI Driver Windows version 4.71. Unzipped it and used the directed ASPIINST.EXE file to install the ASPI layer. Still did not read a CD. I then used the link to chickensys.com to follow their instructions for Translator ASPI problems. I removed the files: winaspii.dll, wnappsi32.dll, apix.vxd, aspienum.vxd, and sparrow.mpd. Then downloaded the zip file and placed the designated files into either the system directory or iosubsys directory. Then ran the aspi32.exe which shows the file 4.06 (1021) is installed and correct versions. However, it still will not read a CD. I then extracted wnaspi32_neor.dll into the Translator folder, and renamed it wnapsi32.dll. And it still will not read a CD.
          What next? Thanks!!!!

Comment

• JMP
            • Jun 2004

PS I just inserted a CD into the player and used Windows Media Player to successfully play the songs on the PC. So, I know that it is working with that program. I just cannot use WMA files to playback on my Pocket Tunes Treo 600 player.
            Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

See the section Windows ME Specifics in Support >> Audio CD Input - install the dMCCDDA.vxd driver - then select it on the advanced page in CD Input.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JMP
                • Jun 2004

I followed the instructions exactly. Still will not read a CD. What next?
                Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Sorry out of ideas.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JMP
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks for trying to help me solve this one.

Comment

Working...

]]>