title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wma files not supported

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pharmajem
    • Jun 2004

Wma files not supported

Hello,

I am trying to convert wma files to wav Music converter release 10.1. However, wma extensions do not show in the dialog box for converting from so I can't find my wma files and convert them. Please help
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Wma files not supported

Originally posted by pharmajem
    Hello,

I am trying to convert wma files to wav Music converter release 10.1. However, wma extensions do not show in the dialog box for converting from so I can't find my wma files and convert them. Please help
    I think it's one of your View options in Windows Explorer.

Open Windows Explorer. Click Tools > Folder Options > View > uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types and then click on the big button that says Like current folder. After that click OK. Close and reopen Windows explorer. You should see all the file extensions you couldn't see before. Then the converter should also show them.

And then again, maybe you haven't actually instaleld the codecs for wma,. Go to Codec Central, download and install those codecs from Popular Codecs and try again dMC. It should work.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; June 09, 2004, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• pharmajem
      • Jun 2004

Hi, thanks. No in fact the issue was that I had not dwnloaded the codecs. thought it would not be needed as I was running WMP version 9. I have been able to convert my wma files to wav files now. Trouble is, I am now unable to copy to a CD, I am using Nero but I never get to write to the CD, I am always taken to the dialog box that saves as an image file (nrg extension).

Can anybody help?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Hi, thanks. No in fact the issue was that I had not dwnloaded the codecs. thought it would not be needed as I was running WMP version 9. I have been able to convert my wma files to wav files now. Trouble is, I am now unable to copy to a CD, I am using Nero but I never get to write to the CD, I am always taken to the dialog box that saves as an image file (nrg extension).

Can anybody help?
        It's an option in Nero. When you burn, just unclick "create image" and you'll have the list of various speeds.

Comment

• pharmajem
          • Jun 2004

Oh OK, that's how unfamiliar I am with CD copying, 1st time actually.

That said, I never get the option to choose anything else than Image, in the screen I get, no other option there, just image file or all files.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Oh OK, that's how unfamiliar I am with CD copying, 1st time actually.

That said, I never get the option to choose anything else than Image, in the screen I get, no other option there, just image file or all files.
            Ok, in that case you'll have to tinker with Nero because it doesn't know your cd burner. I depends on version of Nero, but try somehting in the menu at the top that says recorder (it may be in something caleld Options or Tools) I don't know it by heart and where I am right now I don't have it on my pc.
            It shoudl show you what devices you have available as a Recorder. One would always be the hard disk, for images. Another would be the burner. If you don't see that there, there's a problem. But let's hope it works before I try to rememebr how that got solved in the aspt.

Comment

• pharmajem
              • Jun 2004

Thanks again. In fact, there is only the image recorder in the list of available recorders, hence you are right, the burner is not supported. Strange, as the PC and software bundle came as a package. I might try to re-install Nero if I can locate the CD, unless you have another idea.
              BTW, I'm running Nero version 5.5.10.7 bundled

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Thanks again. In fact, there is only the image recorder in the list of available recorders, hence you are right, the burner is not supported. Strange, as the PC and software bundle came as a package. I might try to re-install Nero if I can locate the CD, unless you have another idea.
                BTW, I'm running Nero version 5.5.10.7 bundled
                All I can think of right now is you might try to uninstall and then install the burner again with its installation disk rather than using the plug 'n play alone . Then install Nero with all the options. You may have originally installed the burner using the default drivers from Windows (is it XP?) so it's not getting properly identified for Nero's needs - it's quite picky that way. Or was it a store that installed the burner for you? They seem to never bother to do the full proper job :(

I remember having a hard time with getting Nero to work after I replaced my previous cd burner - under warranty. The new one didn't come with any software at all and the Nero version I had from before didn't recognize it, even after installing everything again and again. I ended up getting a full copy of an older version of Nero with more options from a friend and installing that one instead. Which is why I'm using version 5.5.9.14 instead of the later one.

Good luck.

Comment

• pharmajem
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks, i 'll try that. I've only got the bundle version of Nero so I suspect I'll never get all the options. Well, I copied my CD from another PC using Roxio, worked a breeze.

Vive le Quebec!

Comment

Working...

]]>