title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OGG Files problems decompress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raiders
    • Jun 2004

OGG Files problems decompress

Errors whilst converting OGG to MP3 (Lame): I have the CODEC.

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Download\Music\Specail D- Reckless\13 - Special D. - Someone To Love-easymp3s.ogg' could not be opened.

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Download\Music\Specail D- Reckless\12 - Special D. - King Of Da Beatz-easymp3s.ogg' could not be opened.

Why do i get this error?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: OGG Files problems decompress

It looks like you may not have an Ogg codec installed for dMC. You could verify this by searching My Computer>(drive)>Programs>Illustrate>dBpowerAMP>Co mpression. If you do not have an Ogg Vorbis codec there, download and install one from Codec Central (a link for which is near the top of the page).
    My understanding is that you can have an Ogg codec for another program but to use any of the dBpowerAMP programs you need to have a dBpowerAMP Ogg codec.
    If you do have an Ogg codec installed in the Compression folder specified above, please let us know.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Raiders
      • Jun 2004

I do have it installed how many kinds of OGG is there? i have the Ogg Vorbis Codec.

Raiders

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

What I was asking is if you had the Ogg codec for dBpowerAMP installed in the appropriate folder so that dMC can use it. Say you have an Ogg codec for a program called EasyMP3 installed in that program and you use it to rip an audio file to Ogg format. To convert this file in dMC or to play it in dAP you need to have the dBpowerAMP Ogg codec and it must be installed in the appropriate location (which is as I specified above).
        So if you do have the dBpowerAMP Ogg codec in the right spot please let us know and perhaps we can come up with a better idea for helping you. If you don't have the dBppowerAMP Ogg codec in the right spot, you know what to do.
        Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Raiders
          • Jun 2004

Look mate i dont mean to be rude but im not a dumb person who knows where the files are put. I have 6 years of computer but i was a existing member of here. but i had a ogg file b4 it converted all them to MP3 (lame) but the only problem is this message it still can't covert it to OGG. I did the other ones that was in this folder at the same time as these two but they all turned out well apart from these two. Easy Mp3 is a site.

If u have MSN u can add me: Raiders_ps2@hotmail.com

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

don't forget Raiders where not mind readers around here. how are we to know you have the codecs installed properly? we have to go through a process of elimination sometimes to locate what the problem is.

no one is suggesting you are dumb.

and there is no support outside the forum. no one will email or msn you or otherwise. all support is done at the forums here.

Comment

• ferris209
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2003

Back to the subject......
              Try uninstalling DMC, reboot, and then re-install the latest and see if that helps.

Brandon

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

also look at these threads for solutions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/search.php?searchid=41639

Comment

• Raiders
                  • Jun 2004

I have reinstalled it etc.... but i think the file must be corrput. but Thanks for ur help guys! no worries now!

Comment

Working...

]]>