title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help - coverting a MCMS1.asx to a Mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tufty
    • Jun 2004

Help - coverting a MCMS1.asx to a Mp3

Hello, does anyone know how I can convert a MCMS1.asx to a MP3?
    Or what extra download I require to do this?
    Cheers
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Help - coverting a MCMS1.asx to a Mp3

Originally posted by Tufty
    Hello, does anyone know how I can convert a MCMS1.asx to a MP3?
    Or what extra download I require to do this?
    Cheers
    What's a MCMS1.asx? is that any different from any old .asx file?

If so, never mind reading the rest of what I'm writing here, as I obviously have no clue

What I know about .asx files is that normally they are meta-files for Windows Media audio and video (or mid) files, for the purpose of streaming (actual or pseudo).

In that case you can open the .asx file with Notebook and the actual audio or video file's name (or url) appears there. These may be .asf, .wma, .wmv, .mid, and quite possibly some others that I can't think of. I think you can in fact have in an .asx file all audio & video types that WMP understands actually, including mp3 and mpg. You can then work with this file as opposed to working with the .asx file.

If by chance what is included in the .asx file turns out to be a url to a streaming server (it will have something else instead of http://, maybe mms://), then you probably cannot download the file itself so you'll have to use dMC Auxiliary Input to capture it first.

I prefer to convert (or capture) first to .wav and then to something else. I find I have better control on the conversion process and result then, but this may be just me.

Comment

Working...

]]>