title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC Audio CD Input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezra2323
    • Aug 2003

dMC Audio CD Input

Having used dBPwerAmp for a long time, I am familiar with most of its features. One feature I have not used much is the CD ripper, as I'm a EAC devotee.

How does it compare in terms of generating a perfect rip to EAC? Will it re-read the CD up to 80 times to get the right read?

When I expirimented with it, it said AccurateRip was disabled? How do I enable it?
  • ferris209
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2003

Re: dMC Audio CD Input

I think the CD ripper is pretty darn good. I've never had any problems with it doing a bad rip, unless the CD was defective. To enable accurate rip you must insert key disc to allow the software to determine the offset of your drive, or if your drive is already listed in the database, you should be alright. Go to

My drive is not on the list yet, nor have a found enough key disc's to determine the offset, so my accuraterip does not work yet. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Comment

• ezra2323
      • Aug 2003

I have installed the Accurate Rip database and have tried key disc after key disc but Accurate Rip will not offer to configure. It remains disabled. Thoughts?

Also, how accurate is the dBPoweramp ripper without Accurate Rip? Will it read the CD over and over like EAC?

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

You need to find a CD it recognises before it will configure your drive. It may take some time as there are numerous pressings of the various CD available, it has to be the right one.

I think dMC works differently to EAC. After ripping some tracks from a CD it will report how accurate the rip was by comparing against details held within the AccurateRip database. It does not read the CD over and over again.

I never had a problem before AccurateRip was introduced/configured however most of the CD I ripped weren't damaged in any way.

Wayne

Comment

• mantra

can i setup the offeset manually ? and how

mantra

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by mantra
            can i setup the offeset manually ? and how

mantra
            not that i know of. you would have to disable accuraterip then. Spoon will be back from russia in a few days and should be able to clarify more. but in the mean time check out the accuraterip forums here: forums as there are other familiar users there as well that may help more.

Comment

• mantra

thanks mate

Comment

Working...

]]>