title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Monkey's Audio questions!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark S

Monkey's Audio questions!!!!

Thank you so much xoas for this info. about Monkey's Audio!!
    Sorry, that leads to other questions:

I downloaded and installed it, seems to work OK.

For the "compression" option, should I choose FAST, NORMAL, HIGH, OR EXTRA HIGH for the highest quality?

Are there any other options I should choose before I rip, for the highest quality?

1 more, sorry. I usually use winamp to play audio files. Should that be OK (it will work and not degrade the sound) with monkey's audio?

THANK YOU,
    really,
    MARK!!
  • Defender

Re: Monkey's Audio questions!!!!

Originally posted by Mark S
    Thank you so much xoas for this info. about Monkey's Audio!!
    Sorry, that leads to other questions:

I downloaded and installed it, seems to work OK.

For the "compression" option, should I choose FAST, NORMAL, HIGH, OR EXTRA HIGH for the highest quality?

--> We are talking lossless. Quality is always the same.

Are there any other options I should choose before I rip, for the highest quality?

--> You should use the correct secure ripping program. The encoder has nothing to do with it as long as it is LOSSLESS.

1 more, sorry. I usually use winamp to play audio files. Should that be OK (it will work and not degrade the sound) with monkey's audio?

--> Of course.

THANK YOU,
    really,
    MARK!!

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I usually use winamp to play audio files. Should that be OK (it will work and not degrade the sound) with monkey's audio
      Mark-
      I have not used WinAmp in some time. IF your version of WinAmp will play Monkey's files you will be fine. If not then you would either have to install a WinAmp codec for reading and playing Monkey's files or (if there is no such thing) you might want to consider either a different player (I am a devoted dBpowerAMP Audio Player user) which can handle Monkey's files or use a different file format that your version of WinAmp can handle.
      Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• drspy00
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2004

There is a plugin for monkeys audio in winamp available and easy to get. Its a small download too.

Comment

• Paddy
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mark S

The compression option is exactly that, how much compression you want, but being a lossless format the sound quality will be identical. I always use Normal, as High and Extra High only save you one or two Megs per song and take a lot longer to compress.

With the Rip to RAM and convert at same time Power Pack options I can Rip an entire album to Monkey's Audio with Normal compression in about 2 minutes, but it does take about 400Megs of HD space :D

Comment

Working...

]]>