title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Monkeys Audio Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drspy00
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2004

Monkeys Audio Questions

I recently ripped all my CDs to the ogg format but when I just reformatted the computer I had to scrap because of some problems. I want to backup all my CDs to monkeys audio this time because it is lossless but I have a few question before I go and rip the whole lot of them.

Is monkeys audio totally lossless meaning that its an exact copy of the tracks on a CD when ripped?

Is any information lost at all? I mean is does it cut off a second of audio from the beginning or end or anything like that?

If monkeys audio is converted to wav format is it the same as ripping a CD to a wav file?

If I ripped my CDs in the fast compression setting for monkeys audio then decided I need to make a bit more space on the harddrive is it possible to convert to the high compression monkeys audio without any loss at all. I tried doing to one track and the file size was less than simply ripping the track from the CD in high compression so I needed to make sure nothing is being lost if I do this.

Also, if I click the normalise option when ripping the CDs is it still a backup of the CD? is anything being lost at all? Is it recommended to normalise when ripping CDs? or is there anything wrong about normalising?

Sorry for all these questions, they probably are silly ones but I just wanted to be sure.

It would be much appreciated if they are answered! :smile2:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Monkeys Audio Questions

The answer to all your questions is - nothing is lost, even reconverting monkey to monkey, it will always be identical to a wave file ripped from CD.

The normalize option will scale the volume up, realistically you are not loosing anything.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• drspy00
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2004

Re: Monkeys Audio Questions

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...

]]>